C4ED is encouraging highly motivated and experienced individuals to apply for the position of “Expert Recruiter”. This position offers the possibility to build and lead a globally-based team of international expert recruiters.
The Center for Evaluation and Development is a non-profit, charitable organisation that researches which programmes and policies are successful in development cooperation. The Center contributes to the alleviation of need and poverty in the Global South and to sustainable development. The Center cooperates with organisations such as the European Union, UNICEF, ILO, World Bank, World Food Programme (WFP), WHO, UN Climate Fund, Bread for the World, KfW and GIZ.
C4ED is currently seeking an Expert Recruiter to join the office in Mannheim.
Role and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Project Acquisition, the Expert Recruiter will be responsible for the following:
EOI and Proposal Staffing and Recruitment
- Lead all stages of the expert recruitment process including review of job descriptions, advertisements, screening of applications, interview and selection process
- Quickly familiarize with staff requirements in project Terms of Reference and develop evaluation grids accordingly
- Identify experts with profiles matching project requirements on platforms such as LinkedIn, Development Aid and others
- Responsible to compile lists of most-suitable candidates by assessing their CVs, regional and thematic experience, and references
- Evaluate and shortlist experts against project requirements
- Contact and interview experts
Writing and Administrative Responsibilities
- Ensure adequate Formatting, completing, fine-tuning, and optimizing CVs according to specific formats and requirements
- Prepare tailored, short narrative descriptions of experts
- Support the Acquisition team in market screening using different online sources to identify project opportunities (EOIs/Proposals)
- Prepare regular monthly updates and other reporting to management
- Inform selected experts and invite them to join the consultant database
- Follow-up on the status of invitations to the consultant database
- Contribute to improving the expert database
- Report status of expert database to Head of Acquisition
- Coordinate and administer the subcontractor database
Required Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Master’s/MBA, MPA, MS, degree in human resources development, Business Administration, or related field with substantial knowledge of Recruitment.
- Optimally, candidates bring relevant professional experience in an international consulting context, preferably in the sector of international development cooperation
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meeting deadlines in a fast-paced fluid environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and, preferably, experience working with international teams, partners, government officials, donors, and other relevant stakeholders, candiates lacking such experience should be comfortable communicating in English
- Ability to confidently interact with high-level experts
- Systematic, reliable, committed, pro-active work ethic
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems is desirable
- Good command of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Fluent English in speaking, reading and writing
- Good understanding of the requirements of a well-structured CV with correct orthography
- Knowledge of German and other foreign languages is preferred
- Experience managing high-urgency recruitment
- Skilled in developing effective candidate sourcing strategies
- Demonstrated experience overseeing the work or building the capacity of others in recruitment activities
- Accurate and precise working style, with an eye for the detail
What we offer you:
- Structured and goal-oriented work within a global team
- External training opportunities as required
- Intensive induction with “job mentor”
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days holiday per year
- Job ticket and subsidized gym membership
Who can Apply?
We offer you a meaningful job in an interesting and international environment in the heart of Mannheim.
If you would like to contribute to our work with enthusiasm and passion, we cordially invite you to apply.
We particularly invite applications from individuals interested in building and leading a team of expert recruiters based in C4ED’s international offices.
Applicants should keep in mind the salary range of a charitable organisation working for development and poverty reduction in the Global South.
How to Apply?
Please send your application including cover letter, CV, references, and salary expectations to email@example.com with “Expert Recruiter” in the subject line until 15 April 2023.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check and all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.