The Center for Evaluation and Development (C4ED), Germany, is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to join its team of impact evaluators.
With a strong focus on quantitative impact evaluations, we are one of the leading research centers in the areas of poverty reduction, microfinance, health insurance, education, humanitarian assistance, and nutrition in Germany. Our vision is to improve the lives of the poor and the vulnerable by making development interventions more effective. C4ED currently conducts projects all over the world and maintains research relationships with 3ie, ACTED, IFAD, ILO, IPA, J-PAL, the World Bank, and UNICEF to name just a few of our cooperation partners.
The position involves the following tasks:
- Conducting experimental or quasi-experimental impact evaluation studies with a particular focus on Randomized Control Trials (RCTs)
- Statistical analysis and report-writing
- Preparing project and grants applications
- Provide capacity building
- Conduct and oversee large-scale data collections (incl. high-frequency data checks)
- Ensure project deliverables are prepared on time and are of high quality
- Closely cooperating with local partners
- Set-up monitoring systems
- Project management
- You have a PhD, or will soon defend your PhD in Economics, Econometrics or Statistics. A Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics or Social Sciences with 3-5 years of relevant working experience is considered equivalent to this.
- You have proven theoretical and practical knowledge in impact evaluation methods.
- Teaching experience (e.g. university classes or seminars) related to impact evaluation is desirable
- You have proven quantitative skills including conducting primary data collections as well as comprehensive reporting skills (quantitative analysis of data sets and report-writing).
- You have analyzed large-scale survey data, applying methods of causal inference.
- You have preferably already gained field experience and are eager to supervise large-scale household surveys in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Skills in qualitative data collection and mixed method analysis would be a plus.
- An excellent command in English is a must; German, French and/or Spanish would be a plus. French speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Very good teamwork skills and experience with working in multidisciplinary teams as well as with a wide range of individuals from researchers to donors and local partners
- Very good coordination skills, orientation to detail, multi-tasking, and ability to work under short deadlines
You will work within a growing, supportive team of experienced international researchers. The role offers a good opportunity to deepen your expertise in research methodology and general project management skills. This is a full-time position based in Mannheim, Germany, and includes travel to research project sites.
We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter in English, a copy of your University’s transcripts and/or certificates, reference letters and an example of written work in English (job market paper, thesis or similar).
Please note that we are only accepting applications that show evidence of a valid working permit for Germany. The deadline for applications is 20 August 2023.
For further information and to submit your application, please contact Tanja Topuzoglu (firstname.lastname@example.org). To submit your application, please fill out the questionnaire that you will find under the following link http://careers.c4ed.org and mention the reference DE2308ME. Please note that we are a non-profit organisation and our salaries reflect this. We offer additional benefits such as a Job Ticket, Sports Card, hybrid work and flexible working hours.