The Centre for Development and Evaluation (C4ED) Ethiopia is looking for a Project Acquisitions Associate to
join its Project Acquisitions Team. The person will be based in C4ED Ethiopia’s Office in Addis Ababa and will
work alongside quantitative and qualitative evaluators, research managers, and others on applications for
work taking place in developing countries.
The role will contribute to the C4ED group’s vision is to improve the lives of the poor and vulnerable by making
development interventions more effective. The C4ED group has a strong focus on mixed-methods and
quantitative impact evaluations in developing countries, conducting projects all over the world and maintains
research relationships with 3ie, ACTED, GCF, IFAD, ILO, IPA, J-PAL, the World Bank, and UNICEF to name just
a few of its cooperation partners.
As a Project Acquisitions Associate at C4ED Ethiopia, you will be involved in the preparation and submission
of expressions of interest (EOIs) and applications for new projects that C4ED is interested in working on. Your
tasks would include:
- Preparation of Expressions of Interest or other pre-qualification documents and proposals
- Coordinate project proposal writing including one’s own contributions to project proposals.
- Manage the proposal process through all phases to ensure submission of high quality, compliant and
- Contribute to proposal development and acquisitions for various donors, e.g., the World Bank, 3ie,
GIZ, and others.
- Conduct research on possible partners, client priorities, current programming, and other topics
related to specific proposals.
- Communicating and liaising with project partners and donors
- Quality Management and continuous improvement of project acquisition processes
- Maintain proposal folders, documents, and resources.
- Help organize and maintain business development resources.
- Prepare and improve short marketing and communications texts.
- Support social media and web content development.
- Contributing to Public Relations, including short translations
- Administrative duties with Ethiopian Authorities
- Additional tasks as assigned.
You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in social science, international development, economics, or a related
field. To qualify as a Project Acquisitions Associate, you must have at least 1 year of full-time acquisitions or
business development experience in a relevant field.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; written and verbal communication
skills in other languages (e.g., French, Spanish) would be a plus. Important attributes include a high attention
to detail and the ability to work under pressure. Familiarity and/or interest in creating and working with
proposal budgets is a plus.
While you will be working in a team, you are also able to work independently. You are detail-oriented, adept
at multitasking, and can work under pressure. You enjoy interacting with a wide range of individuals ranging
from researchers to donors and local partners, and you are able to maintain good collaborations. While travel
is not generally included in this position, if required, willingness to travel to work locations is a necessity.
The position offers a good opportunity to gain experience in international development. We are interested in
offering you a long-term job perspective, including professional development. The position is based in
Ethiopia. Kindly note that this position does not offer a remote work option.
We look forward to receiving your CV, cover letter, a copy of your University transcripts and/or certificates (if
available) and job references.
Please submit your applications to email@example.com The deadline for applications is July 28, 2023.