Please note only applications with full documentation (CV, cover letter, a writing sample in English, a copy of your University transcripts and/or certificates (if available), and job references) as PDF or zip files submitted via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference DE2303PM will be considered. Please read to the end for all required application documents.
The Center for Evaluation and Development (C4ED), Germany, is looking for a Project Acquisitions Manager to join its Project Acquisitions Team. The person will be working alongside quantitative and qualitative evaluators, research managers, and others on applications for work taking place in developing countries.
The selected candidate will contribute to the C4ED group’s vision to improve the lives of the poor and vulnerable by making development interventions more effective. C4ED group has a strong focus on mixed-methods and quantitative impact evaluations in developing countries, conducts evaluation projects all over the Global South and maintains research relationships with the EU, 3ie, ACTED, GCF, IFAD, ILO, IPA, J-PAL, the World Bank, and UNICEF to name just a few C4ED partners.
As Project Acquisitions Manager at C4ED, you will be involved in the preparation and submission of expressions of interest (EOIs) and applications for new projects that C4ED is interested in working on. Your tasks will include:
- Manage the proposal process through all phases to ensure submission of high quality, compliant and competitive proposals.
- Contribute to proposal development and acquisition for various donors, e.g. the World Bank, 3ie, GIZ, and others.
- Prepare Expressions of Interest or other pre-qualification documents and proposals.
- Coordinate proposal writing teams and contribute to drafting proposals.
- Conduct research on potential partners, client priorities and their project programming, as well as other topics related to specific proposals.
- Communicating and liaising with project partners and donors.
- Quality Management and continuous improvement of project acquisition processes.
- Maintain proposal folders, documents, and resources.
- Help organize and maintain business development resources.
- Prepare and improve short marketing and communications texts.
- Support social media and web content development.
- Contributing to Public Relations, including short translations.
- Administrative duties with German Authorities.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in social science, international development, economics or a related field. To qualify as a Project Acquisitions Manager, you must have at least 2 years of full-time acquisitions or business development experience in a relevant field.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German; written and verbal communication skills in other languages (e.g. French, Spanish) would be a plus. Important attributes include a high attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure. Familiarity and/or interest in creating and working with proposal budgets is a plus.
While you will be working in a team, you are also able to work independently. You are detail-oriented, adept at multitasking, and can work under pressure. You enjoy interacting with a wide range of individuals ranging from researchers to donors and local partners, and you are able to maintain good collaborations. While travel is not generally included in this position, if required, willingness to travel to work locations is a necessity.
The position offers a good opportunity to gain experience in international development. We are interested in offering you a long-term job perspective, including professional development. The position is based in Mannheim, Germany. Kindly note that this is a full-time position based in Mannheim and only applicants available to work full-time will be considered.
We look forward to receiving your CV, cover letter, a writing sample (in English), a copy of your University transcripts and/or certificates (if available) and job references. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, until the position is filled. You are urged to apply as soon as possible.
Candidates who have the capacity to start quickly will be given priority.
We are only accepting applications from candidates with the right to work in Germany.
Please note that we are a non-profit organisation and our salaries reflect this. We offer additional benefits such as a Job Ticket, Sports Card and flexible working hours. For further information, please contact Tanja Topuzoglu (email@example.com). Please submit your application exclusively using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference “Project Acquisition Manager DE2303PM”.