C4ED is a global research center aiming at improving the lives of the poor and the vulnerable by making development interventions more effective. As a non-profit research center and registered charity with offices in East Africa, Southern Africa, West Africa, South Asia and Europe, C4ED aims to bridge the gap between research and practice in global development. C4ED currently conducts projects all over the world, with a focus on Africa and South Asia, and implements research and evaluation projects for the European Union, GIZ, IFAD, ILO, J-PAL, KfW, World Bank, WFP, UNICEF, and other UN organizations, to name just a few of our cooperation partners. With a strong focus on quantitative impact evaluations, we are one of the leading research centers in the areas of poverty, microfinance, health, education, employment, social protection, nutrition and climate change in the Global South.
C4ED Zambia is looking for Research Editor to support the publication of research reports. This position is based in one of the following locations: Lusaka, Zambia; Islamabad, Pakistan, Kampala, Uganda, or Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This position is open to persons with the right to work in one of these countries. You will be asked to verify this as part of the interview process. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Copyedit manuscripts for focus, coherence, logic, and consistency.
- Edit manuscripts to iron out any structural issues, stylistic differences, and ambiguities.
- Edit reports in keeping with specified style guides.
- Generate style checklist to ensure style guide is followed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of concepts/ words/ phrases as required for editing research reports.
Qualification and Personal Profile
- Candidate should at the minimum possess an undergraduate degree in English, journalism, communications, or a related field. Graduates in disciplines related to the development sector will also be considered.
- A master’s degree in the relevant field is desirable.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in editing and report writing.
- Previous experience in academic/research writing, editing and publishing is an advantage.
- Thorough command of English language and grammar.
- Good writing and editing skills; familiarity with publishing protocols.
- Methodical working style, ability to meet tight deadlines and to multi-task.
- Self-motivated, ability to work and correspond independently to and maintain organized and accurate records of work.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – oral and written.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; knowledge of LaTeX is an advantage.
To apply please complete the application form at the following link: https://bit.ly/c4ed-zambia-comms. Please include the job ID this position: G2209CS
The application closes May 31, 2023, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.