The Center for Evaluation and Development (C4ED) is expanding its teams in South Asia (Pakistan), Eastern Africa (Uganda, Ethiopia), Southern Africa (Zambia)and Western Africa (Burkina Faso). We are looking for (Junior) Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists to lead impact evaluations and assessments being conducted in the Global South.
C4ED’s vision is to make development interventions more effective by generating evidence-based recommendations. With a strong focus on mixed-methods and quantitative impact evaluations related to sustainable development, C4ED is one of the leading German research centers in the areas of poverty reduction, microfinance, health insurance, education, humanitarian assistance, agriculture, and nutrition.
C4ED is currently conducting projects all over the world and maintains research relationships with 3ie, ACTED, GCF, GIZ, IFAD, ILO, IPA, J-PAL, the World Bank, WFP, and UNICEF to name just a few of its cooperation partners.
The position involves the following tasks:
- Conducting experimental or quasi-experimental impact evaluation studies with a particular focus on Randomized Control Trials (RCTs).
- Statistical analysis and report-writing.
- Preparing project and grants applications.
- Provide capacity building.
- Conduct and oversee large-scale data collections (incl. high-frequency data checks).
- Ensure project deliverables are prepared on time and are of high quality.
- Closely cooperating with local partners.
- Set-up monitoring systems.
- Project management.
- You have a PhD, or will soon defend your PhD in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, or a closely related field.
- You have proven theoretical and practical knowledge in impact evaluation methods.
- Teaching experience (e.g. university classes or seminars) related to impact evaluation is desirable.
- You have proven quantitative skills including conducting primary data collections as well as comprehensive reporting skills (quantitative analysis of data sets and report-writing).
- You have analyzed large-scale survey data, applying methods of causal inference.
- You have already gained field experience and are eager to supervise large-scale household surveys in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Skills in qualitative data collection and mixed method analysis would be a plus.
- Very good teamwork skills and experience with working in multidisciplinary teams as well as with a wide range of individuals from researchers to donors and local partners.
- Very good coordination skills, orientation to detail, multi-tasking, and ability to work under short deadlines.
- An excellent command of English is required; French is an advantage.
You will work within a growing, supportive team of experienced international researchers. The role offers a good opportunity to deepen your expertise in research methodology and general project management skills.
The positions will be based in Kampala (Uganda) and may include travel to research project sites in neighboring countries for data collection and other tasks. You must have the legal right to work in the country for which you are applying.
How to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
Only candidates with the relevant work authorization will be considered and the successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check and all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
To apply please complete an online form Researcher (PHD-Doctor of Philosophy)-Kampala Uganda (wrike.com) and mention the reference “Researcher 3956046″.
More Information on C4ED International is available at https://c4ed.org