C4ED’s vision is to make development interventions more effective through impact evaluations and providing evidence-based policy advice. With a strong focus on mixed-methods and quantitative impact evaluations related to sustainable development, C4ED is one of the leading German research centers in the areas of poverty reduction, microfinance, health insurance, education, humanitarian assistance, agriculture, and nutrition. C4ED is currently conducting projects all over the world and maintains research relationships with 3ie, ACTED, GCF, GIZ, IFAD, ILO, IPA, J-PAL, the World Bank, WFP, and UNICEF to name just a few of its cooperation partners.
The position involves the following tasks: The (Junior) Research & Evaluation Manager hired under this advertisement willprimarily support data collection, data analysis and proposals and report writing.
- Perform data processing and analysis primarily utilizing Stata and R. This will include high-frequency checks, cleaning, visualization, etc.
- Produce maps utilizing R and/or QGIS.
- Manage surveys using SurveyCTO, SurveySolutions, etc.
- Work with statistical software to support data processing and analysis. Software will primarily be written in Stata and R
- Program questionnaires utilizing relevancies, constraints, etc. and support overall design of questionnaires.
- Manage data collection cycles including coordinating with field teams and overseeing data quality assurance.
- With the support of senior staff, conduct analysis and write reports.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Legal right to work in country where C4ED office is located.
- Academic qualifications in a relevant discipline related to the area of international development cooperation, economics, statistics, political science, sociology, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of statistics and/or programming.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in a field such as statistics, data science, business intelligence, or software development.
- Demonstrated expertise in a least one programming language relevant for numerical analysis. Strong preference for Stata or R.
- Demonstrated experience using version control, preferably git/GitHub.
- Demonstrated experience developing dashboards, preferably utilizing R/Shiny is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of GIS preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced research environment.
- Willingness to travel to countries in Africa, Asia, and South America to support data collection activities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
- Demonstrable ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience using SurveyCTO, ODK, SurveySolutions, or other similar programs for quantitative data collection preferred.
- Written and spoken fluency in English required.
The positions will be based in Islamabad (Pakistan), Kampala (Uganda), Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) and Lusaka (Zambia), or Burkina Faso (Ouagadougou) and may include travel to research project sites in neighboring countries for data collection and other tasks.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis throughout 2023. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applicants we receive, you may not be contacted if you are not short-listed. This position closes on December 31, 2023.
To apply please complete the form at this link: http://careers.c4ed.org
Please answer the question “What is the Job ID of the position for which you are applying?” by entering the job reference of the location you are applying to. Please note that only applicants who have the legal right to work in a country will be considered.
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia||ET2302RM|
|Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso||BF2302RM|